It certainly can’t be just me, but looking at the logo for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London leaves me with a very confused feeling. What in the world could the designers / selection committee have been thinking?! IMO, it is the worst logo I could imagine for such a high profile event!
I wold have preferred just a generic 5 Olympic rings logo over what they chose! The designers said they were creating a logo for a younger generation! Really? If so, then they FAILED, IMO!
London 2012 has stated that the new logo is aimed at reaching young people. Sebastian Coe stated that it builds upon everything that the organising committee has said “about reaching out and engaging young people, which is where our challenge is over the next five years.” One observer, a managing director of an advertising agency, noted that the logo bore a strong resemblance to the logo for the 1974–1982 children’s television programme Tiswas, commenting that appealing to young people is difficult, and that they will see right through attempts to patronise them.
So, what do you think?
What do you think of the 2012 London Summer Olympic Logo?
- Wow, who designed that, a 4 year old? (44%, 8 Votes)
- I don't like it very much. (28%, 5 Votes)
- It's just 'so-so', seems like they could have done better. (11%, 2 Votes)
- Who cares? (11%, 2 Votes)
- It's awesome, could not have done better! (6%, 1 Votes)
- It's pretty good, I like it. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 18
Now this was a cool logo…